Job Type: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Financial Controller
Copper Moon Coffee is a commercial coffee roastery in Lafayette, Indiana. We source, roast, package, and ship coffee for customers all over the country. Our customers include those in wholesale, retail, and online markets. We also brew and serve our out-of-this-world coffee at several world-class cafés in Lafayette and West Lafayette.
The AR Specialist will be responsible for issuing invoices, overseeing bookkeeping and accounting work associated with incoming payments, tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues, reconciling accounts, and generating aging reports on a timely manner. The AR Specialist should feel comfortable reaching out to customers for past due payments, setting up new accounts, and resolving disputed challenges.
- Generate and send out invoices to customers through different channels
- Perform daily cash applications
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Prepare bank deposits
- Make periodic collection calls and send statements to customers
- Record incoming cash activity to the general ledger
- Conduct account research and analysis
- Reconcile accounts receivable to the general ledger
- Interact with customers via phone, email, mail to resolve outstanding issues
- Maintain an accurate ageing report
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Assist with month-end closing
- Prepare and maintain various reports
- Perform additional related duties as assigned
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new software programs
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or related field required.
- Minimum three (3) years of Accounts Receivable and Collection experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; capable of listening intently; visual acuity to process reports.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.