Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Copper Moon Coffee is a commercial coffee roastery in Lafayette, Indiana. We source, roast, package, and ship coffee for customers all over the country. Our customers include those in wholesale, retail, and online markets. We also brew and serve our out-of-this-world coffee at several world-class cafés in Lafayette and West Lafayette.
The Engineering & Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing and implementing processes and documentation to support all maintenance-related activities through a team of maintenance personnel across multiple shifts. Responsibilities include improving line efficiencies, coordinating plant projects, coordinating contractors, and acting as a technical resource for the facility.
- Establish and maintain work order, preventative maintenance, and spare-part inventory systems.
- Coach, develop, train, and support plant maintenance personnel across multiple shifts.
- Conduct troubleshooting tasks for operations and maintenance.
- Monitor operation of equipment and provide recommendations for improved efficiency and reliability.
- Plan work and establish priorities for the repair and maintenance of facilities and production lines.
- Identify and develop standards for equipment repair, set up, and operation.
- Monitor the purchase and inventory of spare parts and consumables.
- Ensure safety controls are maintained and reliable.
- Keep up-to-date documentation related to plant equipment, parts, and maintenance.
- Coordinate contractors working on maintenance repairs or project installations.
- Execute capital improvement projects and initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of machinery, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- Experience managing/directing or collaborating with skilled trades
- Manual skills to operate tools and equipment when necessary
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems
- Ability to follow written procedures and guidelines
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities, and identify and initiate improvements
- Excellent oral and written language ability
- Proven problem solving and reasoning ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Engineer in a manufacturing setting