Job Type: Temporary/Part-Time
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Copper Moon Coffee is a commercial coffee roastery in Lafayette, Indiana. We source, roast, package, and ship coffee for customers all over the country. Our customers include those in wholesale, retail, and online markets. We also brew and serve our out-of-this-world coffee at several world-class cafés in Lafayette and West Lafayette.
The Human Resources Intern’s responsibilities include updating our employee records with new hire information, screening resumes and scheduling interviews. If you’re interested in kickstarting your career in HR and getting a closer look of how our company approaches payroll, recruiting and employee development, we’d like to meet you.
- Update our internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms
- Gather payroll data like leaves, working hours and bank accounts
- Screen resumes and application forms
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates
- Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates
- Coordinating new hire orientations
- Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
- Prepare HR-related reports as needed (like training budgets by department)
- Address employee queries about benefits (like number of remaining vacation days)
- Review and distribute company policies in digital formats or hard copies
- Participate in organizing company events and careers days
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation
- Effective communication skills
Education & Experience
- Experience as a Staff Assistant or similar junior HR role is a plus
- Familiarity with HRIS, ATS and resume databases
- Experience with MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or studying toward a degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to carry 25 pounds.