Job Type: Temporary (3-month internship)
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Copper Moon Coffee is a commercial coffee roastery in Lafayette, Indiana. We source, roast, package, and ship coffee for customers all over the country. Our customers include those in wholesale, retail, and online markets. We also brew and serve our out-of-this-world coffee at several world-class cafés in Lafayette and West Lafayette.
The Human Resources Intern’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, updating our employee records with current and new hire information, screening resumes and scheduling interviews. If you’re interested in kickstarting your career in HR and getting a closer look at the world of HR from a company’s perspective, then we’d like to meet you!
- Update company’s HRIS with new and current employee information
- Answer incoming calls and direct, as needed
- Screen resumes and application forms
- Conduct phone interviews
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates
- Communication regarding new hire orientations
- Issue and organize exit interviews
- E-verify and submit background checks for new hires
- Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
- Attend recruiting events, as needed
- Prepare HR-related reports as needed
- Participate in organizing company events and careers days
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation
- Effective communication skills
Education & Experience
- Experience as a Staff Assistant or similar junior HR role is a plus
- Familiarity with HRIS, ATS and resume databases
- Experience with MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or studying toward a degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to carry 25 pounds.