Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Copper Moon Coffee is a commercial coffee roastery in Lafayette, Indiana. We source, roast, package, and ship coffee for customers all over the country. Our customers include those in wholesale, retail, and online markets. We also brew and serve our out-of-this-world coffee at several world-class cafés in Lafayette and West Lafayette.
The Production Manager will direct production to meet short-range and long-range business group and enterprise objectives with optimum efficiency. We are seeking a self-motivated leader of both people and projects, a highly effective manager and developer of talent for a multi-shift food production facility.
- Demonstrate broad leadership responsibilities: Operations, distribution, sanitation, production, product quality, regulatory compliance, product efficiency, and cost control while managing performance and results.
- Set the standard: This role has overall responsibility for manufacturing safety, culture, quality and service, environmental compliance.
- Be a change leader: Copper Moon is growing as a company and needs a leader who will strategically guide our manufacturing facility. This position will provide leadership that instills a focus on operational excellence and foster a culture of continuous improvement that emphasizes ownership, accountability and teamwork.
- Will utilize strong decision-making skills and flexibility in order to drive operational initiatives and process improvement activities.
- Lead and implement an appropriate system of policies, procedures, and standards for the Manufacturing platform. Map and implement new processes and procedures in a highly complex manufacturing environment.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Advise key members of senior management on policies and procedures related to Manufacturing.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping senior leaders informed of all critical issues.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training, development and feedback.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and recommend salary adjustments.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science & Technology, Business, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Operations Management and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of food manufacturing and operations experience
- Knowledge of coffee production is a plus
- Demonstrated prior experience in large scale multi plant production, engineering, lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma, contractor management, planning, scheduling, quality, continuous improvement methods and project management is required
- Proven knowledge of GMPs, FSMA, OSHA regulations