Maintenance Technician (All Shifts)
Job Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Copper Moon Coffee is a commercial coffee roastery in Lafayette, Indiana. We source, roast, package, and ship coffee for customers all over the country. Our customers include those in wholesale, retail, and online markets. We also brew and serve our out-of-this-world coffee at several world-class cafés in Lafayette and West Lafayette.
The Maintenance Technician will support the coffee roasting and packaging operations through troubleshooting and repair of industrial processing and packaging equipment to ensure maximum efficiency, effectiveness and reliability of equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues
- Perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks
- Repair failures of production and facilities equipment
- Ensure maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness and reliability
- Track and maintain work orders and spare parts
- Assist and maintain the optimum inventory levels of critical equipment and tools
- Assists, as directed, in the operation and maintenance of mechanical system
- Performs additional related duties as assigned
Work EnvironmentWorking environment may include variations of temperature, noise, and physicality. This position may be required to work overtime and weekends.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Competencies in one or more areas of mechanical maintenance, including but not limited to the following: electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, machining
- Mechanical skills
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Capable shop skills
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge
- Ability to identify, obtain and organize spare parts
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- Pneumatic and hydraulic experience is required
- Building and Grounds experience
- Electrical control experience
- Five years of maintenance experience preferred
- Food manufacturing and GMP experience preferred.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry 50 pounds
- Ability to withstand temperatures of up to 100 degrees