Assistant Store Manager
Job Summary and Mission
Responsible for the success of Copper Moon World Cafe by assisting the store manager in executing store operations. Provides supervision to create and maintain the Copper Moon experience for our customers. Responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Copper Moons best business practices and in a professional manner.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations. Filters communication to the shift team as directed by the store manager.
· Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in barista morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
· Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Copper Moon World Cafe. Maintains and models a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events; continues to keep store operating to standard and sets a positive example for the shift team.
· Engages in conversation with customers to understand customer needs and the needs of the community in which the store is located.
· Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
· Models a customer comes first attitude, delivers legendary customer service, and supervises baristas to ensure they are delivering legendary customer service.
· Reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching and direction to the shift team to achieve operational goals. Communicates ideas to the store manager for broader areas of improvement.
· Supports store manager in implementing company programs by working directly with shift team to execute action plans that meet operational and organization objectives.
· Supports store operations by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments through existing organizational tools and makes recommendations to store manager on new, creative, and impactful methods of recognition.
· Utilizes and provides direction to baristas during their shift on the use of operational tools to achieve operational excellence. Acts as a coach and mentor to baristas by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance, and effectively recommending employment decisions to store manager
Summary of Experience
· Progressively responsible retail experience
· Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment
· Experience in directing the work of others
· Knowledge of SCAA protocols and SCAA Barista certified or pursuing Certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to act with a customer comes first attitude and exceeds customer expectations
· Ability to use discretion in providing direction to others
· Effective oral communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Team-building skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
Puts the customer first
Demonstrates a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Works well with others
Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Copper Moon World Cafe. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop creators to achieve their potential.
Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of all products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.